The news that a good friend had been diagnosed with cancer came as a shock. The fragility of life never ceases to surprise me.
I have finally finished writing the book, and I am planning to avert from doing revisions as much as I can. I submitted that darned research proposal on time. Today I guess I am gonna go over my reading materials without falling into daydreams too often.
Anyway. Can you believe I have given up Nescafe for Indocafe? R noted that it was Rp 5000 cheaper than Nescafe, so it went straight into the shopping basket. I kinda stared at it for awhile, thinking how could somebody so dear asked me to give up my Nescafe. I thought, what wouldn't I do to earn that extra Rp 5000. Maybe I need a third job? I've never bought a single new shirt or pair of shoes or bag for the last 4 years, so I know what it means to live simply and frugally. But I need a slice of my cake every now and then (like, every four months or so), and I need...my coffee...everyday.
But! Indocafe turns out not to be so bad. It is in fact, rather good. But before you go and buy your Indocafe, be advised that you shouldn't rely on my judgment only. You know, my common sense is tinted with the need to comply to R's massive need to penny-pinch. And oh, I've been away from my Nescafe for almost a month now. And believe-you-me, when you're too far from you fave coffee for too long, there's nothing left in you to be relied upon, anymore.